Pages

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Level Best

For some reason I can't quite remember, I was thinking about Level 42 last night. It was kind of weird because it's not like they're a band that cross my mind very frequently. But it might have had something to do with the fact that I stumbled across this site that details the 100 best music videos ever made and, while Level 42 didn't make the list, watching all those early to mid-80s videos made me think of them.

In any event, I went to iTunes to buy a couple of their songs, when, lo and behold, their greatest hits collection, Level Best, was on sale for $6.99. Well, as Lynette would say, that was priced "buy me" so I did. (It helped that I'm not even half way through $50 worth of iTunes gift cards that I got for my birthday.) I used to have that CD -- I bought it in 1994 when I was in college -- and liked it enough, but I think it must have been the victim of the great CD purge before we moved to Ames. I'm sure that I ripped the CD before giving it to the library in Washington, but it must have gotten lost or wiped out or something because I no longer have it.

Thankfully, that was remedied last night. What a fun bunch of music.

And here's "Something About You" just for fun.

No comments: