Pages

Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Doubling back

So it's 11:18PM and in just over 6 hours, I'll be getting up again to go and work another 8 hours. It sounds crazy, but I am arming myself as best I can. The last time I did this, I sat that computer until 11:30PM with a glass of wine, caught up on e-mail and listened to music. Then I went to bed and slept like a baby.

I'm hoping that happens again tonight.

Random bits:
  • Someone in the neighborhood was a hero and took their snowblower to the entire block, so my sidewalk has already been cleared! Wish I could say the same for my driveway, but that is still as snow covered as ever.
  • I broke down and purchased ONE song from Rufus Wainwright's Rufus Does Judy at Carnegie Hall. I like Rufus enough, but a little bit goes a long way for me - Heidi always says when I am listening to him - "God! I just want to buy him a consonant!" Not sure if I'd ever think of purchasing the entire album, but the song I got ("Zing! Went the Strings of My Heart") was pretty good.
  • Speaking of breaking down - a couple weeks ago one of the grocery store tabloids had a sensational headline "Jen Breaks Down!" (referring to Jennifer Aniston.) Of course, I kept singing in my head "When Jen breaks down..." to the tune of Prefab Sprout's "When Love Breaks Down."
  • Only 2 weeks till Christmas, we have Anna completely taken care of. Now I have to get to work on Heidi's presents! We have decided to go little this year as we'd rather take care of our debt, but there are still a few things I'd like to get her.

And now, it's 11:33 - I need to be in bed. Just as soon as "A Question of Honour" is over.

1 comment:

xolondon said...

I LOVE When Love Breaks Down. Just sayin'