Pages

Saturday, January 31, 2009

Pervasiveness

I think, like it or not, "Candy Shop" has become a modern day Madonna classic - at least around our house. As I have said before, it is really so bad that it's good; not right, but it's okay. But the way that I know it is here to stay around our house? Anna has picked it up.

A couple choice incidents confirmed this for me. The other day, she was having honey on toast or graham crackers or something and apparently something clicked because suddenly I was greeted with "Hey Dad, honey is sticky and sweet!"

The other happened just last night. We were actually listening to "Candy Shop" in the car and I was a being a dork and singing along with it when suddenly from the back seat, I heard "Dad, what dose 'galore' mean?" ("Come on into my store/I've got candy galore" being the instigating line.) I said "Well, it means to have a lot of something." She thought for a minute and then said "Well, then that means [kid down the street] has Littlest Pets galore, you have action figures galore and Mom has writing galore!"

And to top it all off, as we got out of the car and were headed to the front door, I got this:

"Hey Dad, her sugar is raw."

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

"I think, like it or not, 'Candy Shop' has become a modern day Madonna classic - at least around our house."


With the very notable exception of your wife.

jtaddy said...

I saw raw sugar at the grocery store today. I totally wanted to buy it. I wonder if it tastes like Madonna? Sorry. Totally LOL at your blog post today. Too funny.

Adem With An E said...

I admire the incredible family you have Dan. That story totally made my day.

xolondon said...

Brilliant. Anna rocks - I shall steal her referencing of galore for my own conversations!

Bess said...

i loved this post. i heart anna!