Pages

Monday, October 06, 2003

It's tough to blog when you're listening to Eminem. Yesterday I was examining exactly what the appeal of Eminem is to me. I mean, I'm a 31 year old man who never listens to rap music ever but I do really like Eminem. I pretty much credit (blame?) :) Kev for the Eminem thing because if he hadn't persuaded me to listen to "Lose Yourself" I would have never listened to anything else. But the bottom line for me is that Eminem is a lot like Madonna. Eminem does with anger in his music what Madonna did with sex. I can't really explain it any more clearly than that. Plus there's the fact that he's running a close second to Dolly Parton as far as celebrities milking their white trash past to maximum profit! :)

And 8 Mile is really a modern day Saturday Night Fever. And I mean that as a compliment.

No comments: