Pages

Saturday, October 18, 2003

OK, iTunes officially rocks. It's amazing that someone finally got the legal music downloading thing right. As I was writing to Kev tonight, a great interface, large selection, reasonable usage restrictions, and the price is right. I have always maintained that I would pay for downloaded music, and truthfully, at 99 cents a song, they've about found the right price. One could argue that since there's no packaging or any expense like that, they could lower the cost, but hey, it's a start. I downloaded the Cher & Rod Stewart duet "Bewitched, Bothered & Bewildered." I can see where it could get easy to spend a lot of money on that--99 centing yourself to bankruptcy, but fortunately there isn't a whole lot of music out there that I'm just dying to have right now.

I did see the Dolly Parton tribute album at Wal-Mart tonight when Anna and I were out there buying a head cleaner for the VCR. I would have picked it up had I not already decided that I was going to buy the 30th Anniversay DVD of The Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I've heard some sound clips from it, and the song selection is a bit on the odd side, but it might be worth putting on my Christmas list or something. I can just imagine how Sinead O'Connor's version of "Dagger Through The Heart" must sound. But true to form, I'm most interested in Dolly's rerecording of "Just Because I'm A Woman" which is such a ridiculous little song, but it was 1960's country and I guess that's the best excuse I can give it. The CD itself will probably not sell that well, but I'll definitely get it at some point--even, like I said, if I wait till Christmas and receive it as a gift.

In other Dolly related news, Anna was reading her "Coat of Many Colors" book to her Teletubbies today which was pretty funny. Heidi had to call me at work to tell me about it. I think that's probably the only children's book that Dolly's gonna be able to cull from her songwriting. I mean, it's not like she can turn one of her multitude of dead baby songs ("Down From Dover", "Me & Little Andy", "Mountain Angel", or "Little Blossom" and one other one I can't remember the name of where the kid runs out in the street and is hit by a bus or something!) into a children's book.

Dolly's such a guilty pleasure--but dang she sure is fun to listen to because she's just so darn cheesy!

No comments: