Pages

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Holding back the years

Today is my sister Wendy's 29th birthday. She has but one more year before she joins Ryan and me in the 30s. She is spending her birthday in Yellowknife, NWT, Canada which, from what I hear, is already seeing snow! Fortunately for her, from the sounds of it, she'll be moving back to the States this December and living in L.A.

Just because I'm always good for this kind of thing, here we are sometime in the early 80s.

What was with my big brown collar?

And here's one that I shamelessly stole from her Facebook page. I saw it a couple weeks ago and did a double take because I could have been looking at my very own daughter!

I mentioned this to Wendy and she replied that "Anna is my Mini-Me!" You can definitely tell Anna has 50% of my genetic makeup - or at least the genes from my side of the family. Here they are together at my Mom and Dad's 40th Wedding anniversary holding the baby of a cousin of ours.

In honor of Wendy's birthday, I decided to post this song that always reminds me of her. It is Wet Wet Wet's "I Can Give You Everything." (mp3) It was the B-side to the "Love Is All Around" single and we ended up liking it more than the song she bought the single for! It was either that or Basia's "An Olive Tree" complete with its Gremlin chorus at 2:42 and Basia swinging on a vine a la Tarzan at 4:25! Mem'ries, light the corners of my mind.

Happy birthday sis! Hope it's a good one!!

1 comment:

Myfizzypop said...

that big brown collar will be SO in come December...

happy birthday wendy!