Pages

Tuesday, January 18, 2005

So f***ing frustrated

I cannot tell you how frustrated I am with my iPod and my computer right now. For reasons still unbeknownst to me, my computer has stopped recognizing my iPod (i.e., I hook it up to the firewire port and all it does is charge.) It worked fine on Saturday, but Sunday night--nothing. And the only things that have changed are 1) I updated to the new version of iTunes and 2) I'm pretty sure I did an automatic Windows XP update during that time somewhere.

Apparently, from reading Apple's message boards, I'm not alone in this, but it does not help at all because there's still no word on how to make it work. I'm sitting here tonight, dead tired from work just wanting this damn thing to sync again and all it does is fucking charge. I suppose I could do a complete factory restore, but that's such a pain in the ass and if that doesn't work then I'm really screwed because it'll have erased all my music.

So here I sit with a half-functioning iPod and no apparent way to figure out how to get it to work. Mama said there'd be days like this.

1 comment:

Scott Niven said...

Dan,

Try removing your itunes software completely from your computer. Reboot and start fresh by installing it again. Your iPod will ask to be associated with a new computer and new version of itunes. It will reload everything, but then it might work.

Just an idea. Good luck!