Pages

Sunday, September 23, 2007

What I did (or more precisely, didn't do) today

Today, I was out at the mall with Anna. I almost came home with my ear pierced.

Seriously. There were only two things that kept me from doing it. One - the cost. $26 to $40 depending (on what, I'm not certain.) Two - the sheer volume of people in Claire's and I just didn't feel like being on display today.

I am a bit nervous because I really want to do this, but I am afraid of what people will think - most specifically people at work. But I have determined that I (almost) don't give a shit what people think. I have lived so much of my life worried about what other people think. Sometimes, this was a good thing, but mostly, it has held me back.

Heidi told her friend Barb that I was considering doing this and she was all over it - even promising to send me something to put in said pierced hole. Heidi also thinks I will look all kinds of hot with it. I think what finally pushed me over the edge (I've been thinking about it for a long time) is that I saw a couple guys at church this morning with earrings and I really thought they looked cool. Not to say that necessarily transfers to me, but hey, I think it would.

Heidi thinks we're going to go out tomorrow morning after we take Anna to school and before I go to work and do it. I'm not sure about that, but we'll see. Time will tell.

4 comments:

genkiboy said...

dude, just do it. you know you want to. so quit whining -- and blogging -- about it and do it already! :D

genkiboy said...

xoxoxoxox - k

Paul said...

life's too short to worry about what other people think (though i do it constantly) ~ so just go ahead and get pierced :) And in reference to your blogging blog 2 posts down, i'm glad you share the true dan with the world, otherwise i would never have known you :)

xolondon said...

Well, the good thing is that piercings aren't really permanent. Not like ink!

Ultimately the opinion that matters most is your own and if you realllly want it.