Pages

Friday, May 26, 2006

We're off to Vegas!!

So I'm blogging from Ankeny, IA tonight at Jeff's house. His house is just that much closer to the Des Moines airport so we only have to get up at the crack of dawn rather than the middle of the night to make our flight. We leave Des Moines at 7:22 AM and get to Vegas around noon. I'm so excited, especially with all the stuff I've read about the tour. So far I haven't listened to any mp3s from the tour or watched any videos (even though they're all over YouTube.)

While the highlight of the trip is definitely the Confessions Tour, I'm also planning on hitting the Stratosphere Big Shot which, now that I look at it, is not just the 8 bucks I thought it was, but 16 bucks because you have to pay to get into the tower. Nonetheless, I'd still love to do it because I have to do it before I'm so old that if I were to do it, I'd have a heart attack or something. One of my co-workers told me today that she was planning on doing that when she was in Vegas, but chickened out at the last minute. I guess time will tell whether or not I really do it, but I sure would like to!

Other than that, I can't say that I'm exceptionally excited about Las Vegas -- not like I would be by New York City, San Francisco, Washington, D.C., even Phoenix (mostly because that would have been the best date to go but a myriad of factors made that not remotely feasible.) But it'll be fun and I'm sure we'll have plenty of good pictures once we're done. Obviously not of the show, but we'll see.

This'll be my third Madonna concert in 5 years, which blows my mind because I think it's just about the most frequently she's toured ever in her career. And to think Anna wasn't even born when I went to the first one!

I'll miss my girls, but it'll be fun.

No comments: