Pages

Wednesday, August 29, 2007

Chakras and auras and enneagrams, oh my!

So tomorrow night, I am going to go to the first in a series of classes on chakras. It is taught by Heidi's yoga teacher and she went to the class on Tuesday morning. Word on the street is that it's a good class. I'm very eager to take this class as I'm starting this book called Wheels of Light which is all about chakras and auras and healing energy. There is a part of me that thinks "OK, this is WAY too new-agey for you, Mr. Science Head" but I think that there is a lot to be learned from the things that Heidi and I call "woo." Because really, if a tiny molecule that you can't even see can lower your blood pressure or cure an infection, why is it such a stretch to believe in living energy and auras and what not.

I took a test once in a book called What Color Is Your Aura? and I will never forget that I am a crystal aura. I remember a crystal aura being the "chameleon aura" - in that it takes up the colors of those around them. To put this in a more literal sense, people with a crystal aura tend to suck up energy from other people - both good and bad, so it's really important to surround yourself with only the best possible influences. I know for a fact that when people who are bad for me are around me, I become a much worse version of myself. I have been learning over the years not to suck up other people's problems - "not my pig, not my farm" as Heidi's friend Sue would say. That is usually easier said than done, but I'm getting better.

But anyway, back to chakras. I'm eager to learn more about them because I feel like it is the key to understanding a better way of thinking. From the very little I've read about them, I can tell that my chakras are not in the healthiest state. I feel like they're blocked in many places and that the key to unblocking them is understanding them better.

It all boils down to my enneagram, as usual. I'm a four, and as a four, I'm all about the drama. As my wife and fellow-four says, the drama that we work up together, heck, we should be selling tickets. But my hope is that through a better understanding of the chakra and a little bit more of an internal focus, I'll be able to to tone down the drama a little bit - or, as Carly Simon would say, "turn down the noise in my life."

So we'll see. I'll report back tomorrow - it better be good as I postponed a much needed haircut to go to the class. But then again, after doing the bills tonight, it might be wise to postpone it till the next paycheck.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am so jealous of you guys! The woman that teaches Heidi's yoga class sounds like a fascinating individual, and I'd love to take some classes from her. :)

I hope you find out interesting things!