Pages

Thursday, March 25, 2004

Saw this book up at Barnes & Noble tonight--Fat White Vampire Blues by Andrew Fox. It looked half way interesting, although it could be awful because it sounds like the protagonist is quite the whiner. I didn't really get a chance to peruse it very much as Anna was insistent on running through B&N with an umbrella and figured that probably wasn't the best idea in the world.

I'm almost finished with Under The Banner of Heaven which has been a fascinating read. It's definitely got an anti-Mormon slant, but it's still a good story. Krakauer is a good writer, well, maybe not so much a good writer as he is an engaging one. I still think the best Mormon book I've read is Nightfall At Nauvoo which is, unfortunately, out of print and next to impossible to find at a half-way decent price. I think the next book on my TBR list is The Da Vinci Code. It looks like a fast read as well.

No comments: