Pages

Friday, January 18, 2008

Positively Hitchcockian

This was the view out the back door of our house the other day.

Perhaps a little bit of a close-up is in order.

Those birds roosting in the trees are crows, although if they were ravens it would be even cooler. As you can tell, there are just a ton of them that land in the trees from time to time, although they are showing up more frequently these days. Heidi has taken to feeding them, throwing the crusts to Anna's toast out every morning, as well as any bread that goes stale among other things. So I guess they just know where the food is. Still, it was unnerving to see so many of them congregated in one spot.

Plus, I was amazed to find out how closely related crows and ravens are. Seriously, I had no idea.

I may have to Netflix The Birds because of this. God, I'm so suggestible (but Heidi already knew that.)

2 comments:

Yuяi said...

Dan, I would have thought the same thing! I love The Birds, or anything Hitchcock really. Now if they were on a jungle gym or in a schoolyard, I may have gotten the heebie-jeebies! :)

Cate Gardner said...

Ooh creepy!