Pages

Monday, November 06, 2006

Hey Mr. DJ...Put a record on...

Heidi asked me tonight to pick my favorite "Music" remix for the purposes of the manuscript she's got going right now. Hmmm...that's no easy task. Between the official remixes and the fan-made ones that I have on my computer, there are no less than 35 mixes to choose from. I didn't listen to all of them, obviously -- that would have taken an eternity, but I think I settled on my favorite. And really, it's the one that's always been my favorite.

It's the Young Collective Club Mix -- from the original CD maxi-single. Yes, it goes on for 13 minutes and 18 seconds. Yes, I wish there had been an official edit (there's a bootleg one, but it doesn't really do it for me.) But still, at the end of the day, when it comes to picking a "Music" remix, it even edges out "Music Inferno" which seriously rocks the house as well. And besides, that's more of a mash-up than a true remix, but I fear I may be splitting hairs.

So that's my choice, my first official muse-like act (muse-like because no one can be the Muse with a captial M besides Mike.) And I fear it may be all I have in me tonight, as I need to be heading to bed.

I've realized more than ever this fall that Madge is so right - music really does make the people come together.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hmmmm - I'd have to say the Groove Armada 12" is definitely my favourite. Love that version - not quite so thump thump house as the rest of them. Young Collective is good though, especially before going out!!