Pages

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Juice

All the orange juice that I've been drinking these days (two quarts on Tuesday alone!) got me thinking about Juice Newton. Don't ask me why. Perhaps best known for "Queen Of Hearts", a pop hit in 1981, few did 80s country-pop as well as Juice (well, of course, Dolly did it better, but she's DOLLY PARTON after all.)

Anyway, here's one of my favorite Juice Newton tracks. It's "Love's Been A Little Bit Hard On Me" from 1982. This video is classic. I love all the deadpan looks that Juice gives the camera. She is oddly attractive as well, kind of in that high school wallflower sort of way. And her boyfriend - if he wasn't a game show host in the 80s, he should have been.



I wish videos were this clever today. But perhaps it's just a product of the times. I don't know, but I still remember that shot of Juice in the wheelchair going down the side of the hill. It's etched in my brain, I tell ya.

I had no idea that this was a pop hit for Juice back then. (#7 Billboard Hot 100 in 1982) But that bridge is just to die for, as most bridges are, of course.

1 comment:

Aunt Phetamine said...

I LOVED Juice. On my Superstars of Country albums (10 discs - 150 songs!), they included "Angel of the Morning." I had to check to see if I still had the vinyl, and I do!

As always,
Aunt Phetamine