Pages

Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Zombies meet Guitar Hero...well, sort of

I was poking around online yesterday and stumbled across the site Kill The Zombies! which features a ton of online zombie games. Now, I'm not a big gamer, and online gaming I'm even less into, but I have to admit that some of these are kind of fun because they remind of me of some of the retro games from the 80s in their gameplay and simplicity.

However, the one that caught my attention the most was We Are Legend: Akropolis which is based EXTREMELY loosely on Guitar Hero, another game that I rather inexplicably like as well. I like Guitar Hero so much that I came this close to getting that instead of my sexy new 160GB iPod that I am loving so damn much. I like Guitar Hero so much that I actually played Heart's "Crazy On You" in Best Buy one night when we were there. Just like a 21 year old college student. And it was liberating and fun!

Anyway, this zombie game takes the fun of Guitar Hero, runs it through the equivalent of the Star-Off Machine and what you get at the end is a zombie killing game that functions a bit like Guitar Hero. Zombies walk across 5 flame traps set up in front of a barricade. The Q, W, E, R, and T buttons function the same as the buttons on the guitar, activating each of the traps. The space bar ignites the flame, basically serving as the "strum" on the guitar.

It's not bad, although like most online games, I can see it getting old fast. It also gets HARD fast. I am still playing the "training wheels" levels and I am not very good at it. The first level is quite easy, but successive levels get much harder. The biggest drawback is it's kind of hard to tell which row the zombies are in until it's too late, especially when you have a ton of them coming at you at once.

But since it's something zombie, you knew I had to give it a whirl.

(image via some random myspace page which I won't link to because it plays music)

1 comment:

inkgrrl said...

Ooh I wonder if you'd dig the Undead race in World of Warcraft...