Pages

Monday, July 28, 2008

The world's gone crazy

(or is it just crazier than usual?)

I haven't had time to put my thoughts together into a coherent sentence or 20 about the shootings at the Unitarian Universalist church in Knoxville, TN. Fortunately, there are two other bloggers who have saved me the trouble.

First up, my friend Matt's take on it.

And then another that arrived to me via an e-mail put out by the UU Church we attend.

And finally, a Casey's store clerk was shot dead by her boyfriend here in Ames yesterday. I was at that Casey's store a mere 2 hours prior to that event. And the scary part? I went in and paid for my gas this time, which I never do. Sheesh - two hours, but still, too close for comfort.

3 comments:

Yuяi said...

Dang, Dan! That was a bit too close for comfort! Glad to hear that you were not a part of that unpleasant event.

xolondon said...

And in DC - D FUCKING C! - the gun laws have been overfuckingturned. Oy.

Adem With An E said...

Oh my god, that is awful. Two hour bracket or two day bracket; still too close for comfort. Guns. Le sigh.