Pages

Friday, February 16, 2007

A Friday morning

It's nearly the weekend, and for that I say YAY!! I work the evening shift today, which normally is no big deal, but today, it's as if I were being asked to run to the moon and back. This week has been one hell of a week. I've worked all sorts of weird shifts - two evening shifts and two 10AM shifts which effectively excise the entire productive portion of my day. Thank goodness I worked at 7AM yesterday - it was the closest thing to a real shift I've worked all week.

And to add to my weird work schedule, Heidi's had a crappy week dealing with a tooth in which the root canal has "failed." After a couple days of serious drama of not being able to get into an endodontist until March (can you believe there's only ONE endodontist in all of Ames?) she and Anna are on their way to Iowa City to see the endodontist that she credits with saving her mouth a few years back. I really wanted to go, but the boss is gone these two days and to take family sick would really have required his approval. So they're off by themselves. I worry about them whenever they go off by themselves on the road - but to sit and worry really invites that kind of energy, no? So I'll just wish them traveling mercies and go about my business.

I had honestly hoped to get some of the house cleaned up this morning - between my weird work schedule and Heidi's tooth, the house has fallen into a bit of disarray. I would go up now, but I have to get ready to go to the bank and talk to a banker about getting some credit card consolidation done - even though it seems like we just did that. But between medical stuff last year and two computers going belly up, it's not a pretty sight. So we'll see what kind of magic they can work.

Mostly, I just feel very overwhelmed by life - which is why there have been no blog updates this week. I am really hoping that the weekend will bring relief from the craziness. However, with Mercury being in retrograde until March 28th (!!) I'm not holding out a lot of hope. Usually, I don't really go for the whole astrology thing - it seems like so much utter rubbish - but based on how crazy things got the last time Mercury was in retrograde (October 2006), I'm inclined to be, at the very least, gently respectful.

And I just realized that I'm going to have to walk to the bank, so I'd best be getting going!!

2 comments:

Aunt Phetamine said...

It must have been "one of those weeks" for everybody. Look at the weather taking its toll; the moon is only part of it!

I hope your weekend is better than your week. Throw on some Kelly Clarkson, sing away your anger, and face next week head on!

As always,
Aunt Phetamine

Dan said...

I took your advice and have been listening to some Kelly Clarkson this morning! And it's been just the thing I needed. How wonderful!