Pages

Friday, February 16, 2007

The power of good credit

To paraphrase Madge herself, there is no greater power than the power of good credit.

And when you factor in the bank owning our very soul - well, there's not much that can't happen.

Like I mentioned in the previous post, I went to the bank to see if they could help us out with some credit card debt that seems to have creeped up on us. I was fully expecting to have to sign my life away to some insanely complicated consolidation program. In the end, the meeting took 10 minutes and ended very well.

With one call to the credit card services, the personal banker got my 10 something percent interest rate lowered to ONE POINT NINE PERCENT! For only 12 months, granted, but hey, I'll take what I can get. That should help a lot.

So that's a good thing. And with any amount of luck, number 17 in Heidi's mouth is feeling a whole lot better. Her mouth is probably damn sore, but like she said the yesterday, at least it'll be the kind of sore that means you're headed in the right direction.

No comments: