Pages

Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Little Sparro

I have been reading about Sam Sparro on XO's blog for probably about 6 months now. I'll admit, I didn't really listen. I'm not sure why. I think I found the song "Black & Gold" on a blog somewhere and listened to it a couple times and the promptly forgot about it. But I kept on hearing about him, and not just from XO either.

So tonight I was in the iTunes store and saw that "Black & Gold" was the free iTunes single of the week. I figured, what the hell, I'll download just about anything for free. I listened to it and for some reason, it finally clicked with me.

I went and listened to some sound samples from the album (also out today in the U.S.) and really liked the first few tracks. The price was also right - $7.99! I also have a $25 iTunes card to use, so I picked it up. I would highly recommend that any pop music fan do the same. It is a great record. It is oddly retro, yet current. It really defies categorization. But I do know that it is good.

Do yourself a favor and go check out the sound samples. And buy it if you like it. It's totally worth 8 bucks.

And I was just bemoaning the lack of good new music today!

No comments: