Pages

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Cords

I don't understand how cords get so tangled up in themselves when they're not even moving. I just got done replacing Anna's computer monitor which was inexplicably non-functional this afternoon. I mean, it wouldn't even power on. So as near as I can figure, it just had sudden monitor death and it'll be headed for the scrap yard. So I swapped it out with one of the old ones we had in the basement, but while I was swapping it out, I untangled the biggest cord mess I'd seen in a while. Are there little Boy Scouts back there practicing their knot-tying abilities?

And no sooner did I finish with that than I came downstairs to replace my computer speakers. The right speaker was as non-functional as Anna's monitor, and I had a spare set of speakers (which I had completely forgotten about!) And the cord mess involved in switching those out topped the one I had just had. After some colorful phrases, I managed to get them untangled and now all is right with the world again.

And I can't believe I just wrote a whole blog post about computer cords. Someone shoot me now!

No comments: