Pages

Monday, July 10, 2006

Random iTunes

I've been really into my party shuffle feature on iTunes -- it picks songs I haven't heard in forever (or, if you were one of Heidi's old teachers, in a coon's age.) The last song to come up was Queen's "Don't Stop Me Now" which will forever be associated with Shaun of the Dead for me -- the only movie where zombies get beat up to the voice of Freddie Mercury.



It also played the rarely heard in the last 10 years Spanglish version of Madonna's "You'll See" and "Everything Changes" by Kathy Troccoli which I can hardly believe is 15 years old now. And the song that's currently playing? It's "Diamonds" by Herb Alpert, featuring Janet Jackson.

And this morning while I was in the shower, while my iPod was on "shuffle all tracks"I kept on getting live Madonna tracks, even though they probably make up barely 10% of the songs on my iPod. I think that iPods are actually sentient beings that take on the personality of their owner. Heidi says that the way they're designed, they likely could become "magnetized" by the energy surrounding the owner. Hey, I believe it. My iPod and I have a pretty good understanding of what I want to hear, and it usually complies.

Of course, the fact that it's loaded with music that I like has nothing whatsoever to do with it, right?

(updated with a faster YouTube link)

No comments: