Pages

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Lazy and hazy

OK, I've pretty much been inside all weekend as the outside is unfit for human habitation. It's nearly 100 degrees today, humid and the whole thing kind of gives me a headache.

I've been pretty much a bum all weekend -- not doing anything of any great importance, although I did get my Netflix watched less than 24 hours after it arrived. It was Valley of the Dolls. I'd read the book last summer/fall and enjoyed it a great deal as I usually do those campy, guilty pleasurish things. Well, the movie was pretty bad. I mean, if I hadn't read the book, the plot would have been completely incoherent. They pretty much just picked out scenes from the book and filmed them with no sense of narrative or continuity. In the book, the three main women were good friends and all this was very carefully plotted and explained, but in the movie, they were just all thrown together randomly and you're kind of like "how the hell do these people even know each other?" And huge sections of the book were excised, things that were so essential to the story. And Helen Lawson was pretty much non-existant except at the beginning and the end. But it does have some of the best bad movie lines I've ever heard, plus the hour long documentary about the making of the film and its status as a camp classic was extremely entertaining -- especially listening to how when E! correspondent Ted Casablanca cleans his toilet bowl, he imagines Neely O'Hara flushing Helen Lawson's wig down the toilet!

Other than that, I've been listening to music like a madman, watched a little bit of Dave Gorman's Googlewhack Adventure which was entertaining until I grew weary of sitting and went up to fold laundry. Anna and I worked a little bit on our John Hancock Tower Puzz 3D and right now she's up playing Pirates! on her computer with Heidi.

Here's a picture of us being lazy playing Zoo Tycoon at my computer.

So as you can tell, things have been pretty quiet for the most part around here this weekend. Hence, the pretty boring blog entry.

No comments: