Pages

Saturday, July 22, 2006

Frog in my throat

Somehow or another, I've managed to almost completely lose my voice. Well, I really shouldn't say that, as I can still talk, but I sound awful. But I have, as Anna would say, a definite frog in my throat. Which, of course, made me think of Michigan J. Frog from One Froggy Evening. Although it's not a very original opinion, that cartoon has to rank as one of my favorite of the Looney Tunes shorts. It's hilarious to me that the only words in the cartoon as sung -- not just spoken, but sung -- by a frog that apparently is immortal.

I'm trying not to overreact to my loss of voice -- I keep thinking it's strep throat, even though my throat doesn't really hurt (except when I wake up) and I don't really have any other symptoms of sickness. But it figures that I'm not 100% healthy as I'm about to spend a week off work.

No comments: