Pages

Sunday, September 17, 2006

Heading to Chicago...

...in a month or so. I bought my train ticket to go to Chicago on the weekend of October 20th to see Casey Stratton at Uncommon Ground. It should be fun. I'll be staying with a friend (more a friend of a friend - I haven't seen the guy since college, but that'll be half the fun!) and only staying for a day. The train ticket was 98 dollars round trip, which is still cheaper than gas or flying. Plus, I can hardly leave Heidi and Anna without a car. I'm really looking forward to it. It'll be fun just being me and doing what I want. Not that it wouldn't be fun with them along, but it'll be just me to worry about and that'll be big time fun.

I figure if I give myself roughly 100 dollars of spending money for the two days that I'm there, that should be more than adequate. I know that I have to make reservations at the restaurant in order to guarantee seating, and I'm not quite sure how that works out, but I'm going to try to figure it out. It's an adventure - and I haven't had a true adventure in a long time. So that'll be fun.

And by going to this concert, I'll have travelled to both ends of the concert spectrum this year. One end being characterized by the Confessions Tour - a huge arena where you're really far away from the performer, to this one, where Casey will likely sign my DIVIDE CD and all that. (at least I hope so!)

No comments: