Pages

Friday, September 22, 2006

Shake it off

For whatever reason, I'm having a hard time shaking it off today -- the funk, that is, Mariah Carey. It almost undoubtedly has to do with the weather and the time of year. But I must for I have a stretch of evenings ahead of me, followed by one overnight which was rather unexpected as the overnight person had a friend of theirs unexpectedly die. It did break up my 7 day stretch of work, but it is akin to missing the piano recital you were scared to death of because you broke all your fingers. Truthfully, though, it's not a big deal.

However, the site Alien Loves Predator went a long way towards helping me shake it off today because the strip is freaking hilarious today. I discovered this site not all that long ago, and it never fails to make me laugh, mostly because of the absurdity of a xenomorph named Abe sharing a New York City apartment with a predator. And today's strip is great if for no other reason than my friend Mike who lives in London always uses these great British idioms in e-mails and they always bring a smile to my face.

And oh yeah, that graphic on the right side - they actually make a T-shirt of that. How I would love one of those.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think I'll start writing my e-mails in cockney rhyming slang!!

I don't know why it is, but I do become terribly English from time-to-time. I practically morph into Giles from "Buffy The Vampire Slayer", or Dame Julie Andrews. It depends on my mood.