Pages

Monday, October 09, 2006

Home Improvement Warehouse

I had to go to Lowe's this morning to buy some of this pseudo-caulk stuff for the shower as the stuff we bought the last time was too wide for the walls, and it officially fell off this morning while Heidi was in the shower. And I'd have sooner hacked up my own body into little pieces than have gone to Lowe's. I pretty much can't stand Lowe's, which stands in stark contrast to almost every other American male that I know. For one thing, it's huge. And I never know where anything is. They call it a home improvement WAREHOUSE for a reason.

And for as big as Lowe's is, I can never seem to find anyone to help me find what I'm looking for. I walk up and down the aisles aimlessly, trying to find someone with the red vest and a name badge, but either they have all run away, fearing my completely ridiculous question, or the ones I can find are helping other people, who very likely need help less acutely than I do.

When I finally get someone to help me, I spit out something barely intelligible, "Can you tell me where the caulk stuff that's like tape that you lay down in showers is?" The guy doesn't even respond to me but starts walking away from me and I'm all like "Did he even hear me?" but I chose to follow him anyway. And his only words to me were, "You were walking right past it." Gee, thanks. Nothing like already feeling like an idiot and then having it pointed out.

But I have the stuff to fix the shower which helps, and I also have the entire Saint Etienne Foxbase Alpha CD to take with me on my iPod to work. Plus new Ace of Base, well, 2002 Ace of Base that's new to me. Talk about a guilty pleasure!

No comments: