Pages

Monday, October 02, 2006

When it rains, it pours

Disclaimer: This is not a depressing post.

I just got an e-mail from the library that World War Z is in and ready for me to pick up!! YAY!! I probably would have purchased that book had I had a single dime to spare out of the last paycheck, but truthfully, I'd rather read it first and see if it's any good -- although all the reviews have been great.

But as is usually the case when I have multiple books on hold at the library, I just picked up The Road which I had also placed on hold and am only a measly 50 pages into that. So what to do? I know I pretty much suck at reading two books at once (one inevitably gets neglected) and if I take The Road back, chances are I won't ever check it out again. Do I try to read both at the same time? And then this whole dilemma is complicated by the fact that I have YET ANOTHER book on hold that will probably be coming my way soon which I want to read equally badly - This Is Your Brain on Music.

The only factor in this whole thing that's making it easier - and this pains me to say - is that The Road is really not that good. Never has post-apocalyptic fiction been so boring. At least so far. The book is getting raves but for me, it's got about another 20 pages before I bail. I'm going on the fact that it was on the "must-list" in this week's Entertainment Weekly. But the further I get into it, the more I feel like it's a book I should be enjoying, rather than one I actually am.

So I guess it's off to the library for me. Zombies!! YAY!!

No comments: