Pages

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Random observations

In the place of a proper blog post, which seems to be more elusive than the a presidential approval rating for Bush over 30%, I have but this to offer.

1) Can I just say that I am so tired of being tired? I know it's working which is wearing me out so, but what's a guy to do? I work all day and then am so tired at night I can barely muster the energy to play with Anna. I realize that a lot of this has to do with it being winter, but for the love of Pete, I'd love to be able to stay awake past 8:30 some night!

2) Thanks to my friend XO, I have been exposed to the lovely Brian Kennedy. He thought that I might like him based on my fond appreciation for Casey Stratton, and he was right! The bad thing is that all the CDs are imports (read: no iTunes) and in these days of drastic belt tightening, all extra things must be weighed carefully! But he does have a lovely voice and I can see myself listening to a lot more of this in days ahead.

3) The Brian Kennedy has prompted a Casey Stratton renaissance - I've been listening to him tons these days. I can hardly wait for the new record coming out February-Marchish. And I can't get enough of "Violet Room" these days. Pure brilliance - the bridge alone is worth an entire blog post.

4) We miss you Mike. Hope you can get your net access soon.

5) John is sending me my Kylie mug that he picked up from the Kylie concert he saw in London last week! YAY!! And there's a copy of Showgirl: Homecoming in there as well!!

6) And now, it's 7AM and time to finish getting ready for being tired work.

1 comment:

xolondon said...

I ordered the Casey album prod. by Pat Leonard! GOOD price on Amazon Marketplace.