Pages

Thursday, November 25, 2010

Fail

I didn't blog yesterday. I totally meant to, but a combination of many things prevented it from happening. When I went to bed at 12:45AM last night, I admit that I felt a little bit bad about it. How could I bomb out 6 days from the end of November? I was seriously disappointed in myself.

What happened was real life. I kind of have this rule that I try hard to stick to that real life always trumps any internet anything. And yesterday, that's exactly what happened.

I am kind of bummed out that I didn't blog daily in November which was my goal when I started out this month. Ultimately though, I have to recognize it for what it is - an artificial bar for success that I placed for myself that I can just as easily tear down. And in the end, it's just a blog. People are generally not waiting with bated breath for my next random observation, two paragraph post or long diatribe. Just as blogging is mostly about me, the attempt to write for 30 consecutive days is also mostly about me. And I can change what that means with a simple realignment.

If it sounds like I'm making a big deal out of this, I'm really not. I'm over it - but I felt obligated to at least acknowledge the lapse. Last year I did 30 posts in 30 days, so from here to the end of November, I'm resetting the bar to that. All that means is that I have to have one day with two posts. I can do that. It might even happen today depending on how things go.

But now it's time to go off the grid (as much as is possible in this day and age) and celebrate Thanksgiving. We'll be spending it with a part of our family-of-choice and then tomorrow with Heidi's family. My goal for these next two days is to not work my brain too terribly hard. Hopefully, I can manage that.

I would be remiss if I didn't thank the friends and family that read this space. I'm proud of it as it's a pretty accurate reflection of me and the fact that anyone would spend even two minutes reading it makes me happy and very, very thankful.

(photo via)

No comments: